IOHA Virtual Conference 2021 Code of Conduct
The IOHA Conference is organised in the spirit of free inquiry and collective engagement. Disrespectful behaviour of any kind, at odds with these principles, will thus not be tolerated.
The policy outlined below is a reminder to all participants, including attendees, presenters, vendors, and staff, of the professional ethics and norms that should be upheld during all stages of the event.
All participants are expected to:
• Always abide by this code of conduct in every setting, including official and unofficial social gatherings
• Be respectful of the personal boundaries of other participants
• Be respectful of differing perspectives and experiences
• Look out for each other, and to alert the conference organisers should any offending action be witnessed
Offending actions include, but are not limited to:
• Invasion of privacy, including the taking of screenshots and recordings of people, events, or conversations without express permission; and the posting of personal details of other participants without their consent
• Harassment, including persistent and unwelcome solicitation of intimacy; deliberate intimidation or cyberstalking; and the sustained use of professionally inappropriate comments
• Discriminatory behaviour, including insulting actions, comments, or jokes related to age, socioeconomic status, ability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, religion, or politics
• Sustained disruption of programme
• Real or implied threat of physical harm
If you are the victim or witness of any of the above, please contact the conference organisers at NLB_IOHA2020@nlb.gov.sg.
Thank you for making this IOHA Conference a positive experience for everyone!